Saturday, February 6, 2016

Nobody knows this....

Each of us has secrets....yes...agreed ! but most of them are mundane and boring ( Ah ! Miss marple would have been surely interested ! )

Well...some of us may be lucky enough to have a really ,really interesting person in their acquaintances....somebody with comings and goings at strange times... a spy ? secret service agent ??
Or famous author staying in the next building...( He uses a pseudonym ...even his postman doesn't know this !)...Alas !! No such luck for me !

Oh yes...I forgot about Mr. X....my next door neighbour...who mutters under his breath...doesn't look straight in the eye and  I strongly suspect that he is hiding his streak of madness ....I imagine that he has killed his wife and buried her in the backyard.....only problem in this story is...he never had a wife !!! ( I can not name him....if he reads this, I may be his first victim....aaaargh....!!!!)

Enough of this nonsense....let me tell you a true story....that nobody knows....

I was famous as a sincere,hard working person in my school...but I was not...I was a obnoxious prankster....

This story involves a very dear friend of mine....rather a recent friendship...in school we were just classmates....and she was a very simple and credulous person....

She needed some notebooks and I invited her to come with me after school. My home used to be a dark place as my parents used to be at work . The windows were closed and the curtains were drawn....

What happened that day was...

" Come..come in " I said after opening the door. " Please be comfortable...you can keep your bag on the table there." As she walked in,I closed the door and straightaway went to the bedroom...to get into the character of course!

As she began to get comfortable,I started my drama...." Here...take this book. Ummmm....I want to tell you a secret...I hope you don't mind.....I am not maya."

"What rubbish " she said...hmm ....not so gullible after all !

" I am actually a ghost.Maya died last year. " I said with a deadpan face,slowly tilting my face and rolling my eyes. " I don't usually harm people but I am feeling kind of hungry. Hope you don't mind helping a friend ." ...A small mix up between vampires and ghosts but she was utterly terrorized and didn't notice !

Though on verge of crying ,she managed to open the door and run away .

Next day in school I behaved as if nothing happened. She avoided me as far as possible after that....

Well...that's my little secret...No..no.. not this story...the secret is that EVERY WORD I TOLD THAT DAY  HER WAS TRUE !!!

Ha..ha..Gotcha !!!


NB - This post is a part of Write Over the Weekend, an initiative for Indian Bloggers by BlogAdda.





No comments:

Post a Comment