Sunday, February 14, 2016

Music : a new beginning !

I am a die hard fan of old hindi film music . Lata mangeshkar is like a Goddess for me and I shudder while listening to  new songs ,especially with meaningless lyrics....oonchi hai building ,lift teri band hai ....aaaargh !!!! ( Not that all old songs are full of rich meaning, but still....) Oh yes....for me new songs mean anything recorded after 70s....the decade in which I was born !!

But I recently have discovered that as you grow up, your choices change. My reading choices have changed over the years and so have my music choices....

This story of my new love ( of a different genre of music !).....  started with....ahem....Fawad Khan!

I am one of the many females who have been WOWED by this guy across the border . I watched his television dramas . As it is with fans,I tried to discover more about him by searching the net.When I discovered that he is a singer too, I tried to hunt for his songs.I found his songs ,but sadly found them ordinary,( though his voice is good....) But I found something more beautiful....I found Coke Studio ,Pakistan.....

Listening to Coke Studio Pakistan is an amazing experience !! Pakistan is way ahead of us in terms of Tele-dramas and music...( Of course, the music part is an individual opinion and is open to discussion...)Beautiful songs....perfectly sung ,great orchestration and meaningful lyrics....Punjabi ,Urdu and sometimes Pashto ( which I don't understand, of course...but convinced me that music knows no language .....)

Here is one of my favourite songs....an urdu song ,performed by Mr.Abbas Ali Khan....lovely lyrics !


Another thing....Many Pakistani dramas have great soundtracks , to name a few

!. Yaar ko hamne ja baja dekha  - for the drama Shehr-e-zaat ...though this was not made specifically for this purpose...
2. Wo humsafar tha ....Quratulain Baloch's rendition for the drama Humsafar
so on and so forth....
But my favourite is a lesser known OST , from the drama 'Numm' ( Incidentally, this drama has Fawad , but that is not the reason  why I like this soundtrack ....this drama was utterly depressing ...)
I love the lyrics ....beautiful....a little difficult to understand .... revealing a new meaning every time you listen to this track. Music is,....unexpected is the only word that comes to my mind....


Enjoy !!...and let me know your views...




No comments:

Post a Comment