Friday, April 22, 2016

S- Simple , simplify, simplicity....

"It is so simple to be happy...but it is so difficult to be simple " says a character in the movie Bawarchi.

Why am I starting this post with a quote from a movie ? Well....nowadays , when I have to do anything , this quote always runs in my mind, as a background score....because of bewildering range of choices....

Everyday, you are faced with lots and lots of choices . Especially when you have to buy something , there are so many choices , that you feel confused. So many colors , makes...so many outlets....and there is internet and TV shopping too ! Should I buy a mixer ? or mixer with food processor ? mixer-juicer-food processor ?....all multitasking products ....Confusion !!

Same with the television ....so many channels , so many types of programmes , I don't know what to watch. I long for those days of Doordarshan when there were only one or two channels & 4-5 hours of programs . Surprisingly , in spite of less advanced technology, the content of programs was much better. Nowadays,because of too multiple choices,I end up watching nothing.

Life is complex and these choices makes it even more complex and confusing....

 Have you faced such a confusion ? Or do you prefer choices ? If you have tried to simplify your life, how did you do it ? Has it worked for you ?



1 comment:

  1. I too believe the lesser the choices, the better for the mind. From selection of potatoes to partners...too many choices make life very complicated ;)
    Could that be another reason why arranged marriages work? Wondering about my post, Q for queen now, which deals with this theme a bit...

    ReplyDelete