Saturday, April 2, 2016

B ...Baking

I won't say " I looooove baking !" in super animated tone and with enthusiasm . But I do like to bake.But I don't do it so often. My busy schedule is one of the reasons but laziness is the chief culprit !

But when I decide to bake , I find it a huge stress buster . I like the process of hunting recipes , using the internet . Nowadays ,I look for recipes which use whole wheat flours instead of refined one. ( I also have a super recipe , which use ragi ( a millet ) flour ..healthy and tasty,too )

After spending a delicious hour on the net and having shortlisted the ingredients ,the next step is shopping . Don't get me wrong here...I don't spend another hour in that...it's just a matter of a quick visit to neighbouring grocery store. The real fun starts after this.

The process of measuring ( Let me confess...I don't ...not very accurately , for sure !) ,mixing and folding the ingredients is like a meditation . Sometimes , it even feels musical ..the rhythm of.... cut and fold...cut and fold...pour in the tin...tap the tin...tap the tin....

 I pop the tin in the preheated oven and sit down to watch the magic....slowly the cake rises...colour changes...and the divine aroma !!!...absolutely soul satisfying and soothing....

If only, the cake did not have so many calories .....

( Sorry to disappoint you folks, no recipes here ! )





3 comments:

  1. 'The process... Is like meditation'. Love the way you describe it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to cook. And ocassionaly I will bake! Not nearly as often as I would like because I usually make such a mess! Maybe I should make a deal with my grandkids-I bake, they clean and then they get to eat!

    Paula from
    Smidgen, Snippets, & Bits

    ReplyDelete