Tuesday, June 23, 2015

A book club...which may or may not start ...

I love to read and I am a fairly regular reader.Always reading about book clubs,I am really curious about how  a book club functions.A year back a few friends of mine decided to start one  but the it never started.Sad !!!!
Then whats-app arrived and along with work started occupying most peoples' waking time .... including me. Book club of mine was looking to remain in dreams only.
Then again a wild idea struck me.....why not a whatsapp book club ? All you have to do is read one book per month and write two paragraphs about it ....in whichever genre you like and in whichever language you are comfortable in...means either marathi or english.( I am sure none of us are hindi readers).
Well ....This is the month when we start .....Yes...these are still plans only on paper .....and I find that nobody may have started a book...except may be Ruchi ...bless her...
But here I am ....already finished three books...midway between the fourth and already eyeing a fifth one which V is reading  ....and my palms are itching to write ...so have decided to go ahead and simply write...
All my previous attempts of starting a blog have failed.... miserably. I write one or two posts and then decide that I am a terrible writer ( It may be still true,,,who knows ...But I have succeeded in ignoring this voice of my subconscious.. ) Nobody would read what I have written ( who cares now...The self help book I finished a few days back is shouting in my inner ear !!) and what if everyone laughs ???
So ... here I am....successfully suppressing all my negative thoughts and finally venturing to start a blog...Happy!!....-)
Now ...no negative thoughts allowed ...I write because I enjoy writing...and hopefully will write at least one post per month ,,,not too much too ask for...isn't it ?


And with this note ,,,I sign off today ..will come back soon ...writing about the book I read last week...

Maya

No comments:

Post a Comment