Saturday, January 9, 2016

The books I read in 2015

How I love to talk on this subject ! I am absolutely unstoppable when it comes to books ! Now that I have this opportunity,let me start at once !!

As every year,2015 has been a good year in terms of books.And,finally , I learnt something new this year in terms of reading....I learnt to leave a book halfway if it was uninteresting and uninspiring .

I tried reading many books this year but completed only a few,out which noted about only a few ! ( I will do better next year...I promise !...To be more methodical in my reading is a resolution I make every year !!) So,as expected,some books were excellent ,some not so good while others unmentionables....

Here is a list of some books I read...I have blogged about these because I loved them!

1.The unlikely pilgrimage of Harold Fry by Rachel Joyce

2.I am Malala...( This post is about  the thoughts in my mind when I read this book)

3.MAN'S SEARCH FOR MEANING

4.The girl on the train

5.The forty rules of love by Elif Shafak

6.The truth about Harry Quebert affair by Joel Dicker

7.A marathi book ...वाटेवरील सोबती - विजय पाडळकर..

Some other remarkable books which I read but did not blog about were...

1.Luminaries -by Eleanor Catton ...A booker prize winning book with lots of mixed reviews.I won't say I really understood the book...I think I need to read it once more...but on the whole I liked reading this book. I loved Catton's style of writing... " luminous " is the word that keeps on coming to my mind . (A short description : A supernatural detective story set in New Zealand in 1800s )

2.Gone girl -by Gillian Flynn ...a perfect holiday read ! Speedy , well written...about a dysfunctional couple trying to outwit each other .

This year I rejoined the BCL...some books I borrowed from there...

3. Perfume - By Patrick Suskind ..is a story of a smell driven murderer and story of smell itself....a fantasy... A good book !

4. The novel cure - A to Z of literary remedies....by Ella Berthoud and Susan Elderkin
A very interesting and unique concept of devising a book for all the human maladies ! I have noted down the names and will start reading them ! ( One day ! Hopefully !!)

5.Empire of Indus - by Alice Albinia....I loved this book...I felt as if I travelled with Albinia right from Karachi where the Indus ends to Tibet where it starts. A must read !

6.And never stop dancing : Thirty more true things you need to know now by Gordon Livingston M.D. .....30 essays and 30 pearls of wisdom....

7.Life lessons : Things I wish I had learned earlier by Leslie Garner ...a beautiful collection of essays .... deep insights on how to live a truly fulfilling life ...

Some more books...

O's little book of happiness - features some work that was published in O ..the Oprah magazine over the year...inspiring and uplifting...it deserves a special post ! ( later ! )

A book of simple living by Ruskin Bond ;A small book with a lovely cover ...essays on living a happy and contented life !

I hope to write in detail about these last few books one day .....

And last but not the least...a confession....how do I say this....ahem....wait....let me think again....okay....here it comes....I read the  FSG trilogy , too !!!...there ..I said it.....doesn't feel so bad !! ( Didn't like it though...it is an overrated book  ... slightly nauseous too ... and  a weak story...that  is my frank opinion ! )



Hope to read more systematically in this year !!







No comments:

Post a Comment