Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Reading goals :2018

Reading goals :2018

2017 was a resurrection of reader in me. I read total 90 books , mostly fiction. Most of that was fantasy and literary fiction. (I heard this apt description of literary fiction in a video yesterday : You have beautiful prose but may not have any plot, it maybe just 40 pages of description of  just a man walking in a nearby park !😊) I was also a compulsory buyer of books, buying more than reading.

This year I hope to discipline myself.I plan to buy less( not exceeding my monthly budget) , read more, read better and varied. I also plan to utilize the excellent library in my city.

So,broadly, my reading goals are : Read at least one book of the following

A literary fiction

A book that I have read halfway through and abandoned : I will give them at least a fair chance

A library book

A non fiction

A book from my non ebook collection

Hopefully, I will not read more than 6 books per month.

I also plan to cut short my book collection this year, I plan to get rid of all those books which I will never read or have read but not liked.

As a part of reading less I am planning to write more , I am planning to write on all books that I read.

What are your reading goals for 2018 ? Hope you all have a great reading year ahead...

No comments:

Post a Comment